COMPETITION PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") run by the Isle of Man Department for Enterprise, TT & Motorsport Team on behalf of the Isle of Man TT Races. Competitions can be entered via secure link on www.iomttraces.com, via official trade show stands, official competition cards or the official social media channels (@TTRacesOfficial). By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
1.1. Competitions will run to the following dates: 12:00pm 26th January 2024 – 12:00pm 23rd February 2024
Isle of Man TT Races Digital Broadcast and Content Survey Prize Draw. Prize draw to win a pair of TT Mercury Club Tickets at TT 2024 or TT 2025. Participants can enter the prize draw by completing a survey about the Isle of Man TT Races’ digital content, and submitting their email address. This email address will only be used to contact the winner, unless they also opt in to The TT Newsletter, in which case, they will also be subscribed to The TT Newsletter mailing list. Entries close: 12:00pm 23rd February 2024
2. The Isle of Man Department for Enterprise, TT & Motorsport Team (“the Promoter”) reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the Promoters’ reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or a Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the Promoter.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. The email address or social media account provided with your competition entry ("Entry") will be used to notify the winner so please make sure this is correct.
5. Employees of the Promoter or any associated company of the Promoter and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers and their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
6. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. The Promoter assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, the Promoter in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum may be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and the Promoter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
11. (Specific only to Isle of Man TT Races Digital Broadcast and Content Survey Prize Draw) Competition entries must be made via the official Isle of Man TT Digital Broadcast and Content Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B6P5TJ2. Surveys must be complete to be valid for entry into the prize draw. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
12. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with the Promoter website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
13. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
14. Prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying Entries within 7 days of the closing date. In all matters, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
15. Prize winners will be notified by email. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
16. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified within the email notification sent by the Promoter to the prize winner. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
17. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
18. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Promoter and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
19. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
20. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, the Promoter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
21. (Specific only to Isle of Man TT Races Digital Broadcast and Content Survey Prize Draw) The prize will consist of 2 x TT Mercury Club tickets for the same date at TT 2024 or TT 2025, the year chosen at the winners’ discretion, and dates specified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to change the details of any of these prizes if required. Entrants must be over 18 and anyone using the prize must be over 18, as per licensing laws and admittance rules to the TT Mercury Club.
22. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
23. The Data Controller
The Department for Enterprise is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and in relation to all of the personal data provided to us. The primary legal basis for which we process this personal data, is for the performance of our Statutory functions and more specifically related to the management of motorsport events.
24. Your Rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Data Protection (Application of GDPR) Order 2018 (“the applied GDPR”) and any regulations made thereunder and any successor legislation relating to data protection as it applies to the Isle of Man you are provided with certain rights. These are more specifically your right to:-
- be informed about how your data is being used
- access personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of your data
- data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances
For the purposes of this promotion we will ensure that the personal data you provide us with is:-
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
25. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
27. By providing confirmation that you wish to be added to the Official Isle of Man TT Newsletter (The TT Newsletter), you consent to the Promoter retaining your email address and sending you promotional material in regards to the Isle of Man TT. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any point in time by following the relevant links on the promotional emails.
28. The Competition and Rules will be governed by Isle of Man law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Isle of Man.